who?

My photo
dallas, tx
i am a "slow fashion" designer dedicated to low-impact and sustainable fashion. i use only vintage, organic, upcycled, reconstructed, recycled, & salvaged fabrics. everything is handmade with love by me in dallas, tx.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

holiday crafting adventures - part II

so i can pretty much guarantee your holiday crafting adventure is going better than mine at this point. why? so, i'm driving home on this rainy eve, and i stop at a light. now, i always come to a complete stop before changing the song on my radio, checking my phone, or whatever. so i pick up my phone to see what pandora has in store for me, and then WHAM - a car crashes into my rear, thrusting me into the car in front of me. which is why you don't slam on your brakes on wet pavement. of course my car was the only non-drivable vehicle post-collision, as i became the delicious inerds of a malibu-expedition sandwich.
having possibly totaled my car, and engraved a Pavlovian association between pandora and loud scary noises on my psyche, i am measurably behind on my holiday endeavors.
so add to my list:
+ meet with insurance adjuster
+ rent car and try to get to work before noon
+ figure out if i get to pay a $500 deductible instead of buying xmas gifts
stay tuned for the next exciting installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment