who?

My photo
dallas, tx
i am a "slow fashion" designer dedicated to low-impact and sustainable fashion. i use only vintage, organic, upcycled, reconstructed, recycled, & salvaged fabrics. everything is handmade with love by me in dallas, tx.

Monday, October 3, 2011

learning curve

the great thing about making custom garments is learning something new. so while i've never made a khaki men's duster or spandex poly-boned corset of my own accord, it's taught me several new techniques to add to my sewing repertoire. yes, i've attained many a wisdom-nugget along the way, including these great gems.

  • apparently my machine can handle rubber, vinyl, and chiffon
  • singer universal needles deserve more credit than they get
  • how to change a drive belt on a vintage singer rather than pay someone $200
  • faux feathers are redonkulously expensive
  • how to alter store-bought garments that have some funky construction
  • how to hand bead
so bring on the custom requests! yomono.fashion@gmail.com

vinyl: not so scary afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment